Subject: bug#8502: Make the agent eagerly cache articles

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 05:24:01 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm talking about caching.  I.e. keeping local copies after we've
> downloaded them, so it shouldn't increase network traffic, only disk use.

Hm.  Caching?

>> Does anybody mind me switching `gnus-agent-predicate' to `true' by
>> default?
>
> Maybe that would be good, yes.  A better docstring would also be
> welcome: I don't understand the current one.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the download categories (i.e., what
happens when you type `J s').

Let's see...  caching...  so if you're online (in an agentised group)
and select an article, you want the article to be saved in the Agent
directory?  That sounds eminently reasonable, and I thought that was
supposed to happen, but I can't find any code for doing that...  hm...
Nope.

Articles are entered into the (non-agent) cache if `gnus-use-cache' is
set to t, though.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/