Subject: bug#8487: closed (Re: bug#8487: bidi-related crash in speedbar)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 23:30:05 +0000

Your bug report

#8487: bidi-related crash in speedbar

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
8487: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8487
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#8487: bidi-related crash in speedbar
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 01:29:03 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 19:48, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Like I thought: a completely different bug than 7616.  Should be fixed
>> now (revision 103905).

So I'm closing it :-)

    Juanma

Subject: bidi-related crash in speedbar
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: Bug-Gnu-Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 22:10:16 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: emacs
Version: 24.0.50

emacs -Q --eval "(setq-default bidi-display-reordering t)" -f speedbar
;; Move the cursor until the end of the speedbar buffer

Breakpoint 1, w32_abort () at w32fns.c:7190
7190      button = MessageBox (NULL,
(gdb) bt
#0  w32_abort () at w32fns.c:7190
#1  0x0133e498 in bidi_paragraph_init (dir=NEUTRAL_DIR,
bidi_it=0x88eaa8, no_default_p=1) at bidi.c:610
#2  0x011805dc in handle_invisible_prop (it=0x88e500) at xdisp.c:3671
#3  0x0117e8eb in handle_stop (it=0x88e500) at xdisp.c:2920
#4  0x011871e7 in reseat (it=0x88e500, pos=..., force_p=1) at xdisp.c:5382
#5  0x01186f20 in reseat_at_previous_visible_line_start (it=0x88e500)
at xdisp.c:5289
#6  0x01134a01 in Fvertical_motion (lines=4, window=54922757) at indent.c:2057
#7  0x0103c3bc in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88ee20) at eval.c:3030
#8  0x0113e6b0 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=20804929, vector=20805069,
maxdepth=20, args_template=52226074, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:780
#9  0x0103d43a in funcall_lambda (fun=20804893, nargs=2,
arg_vector=0x88f074) at eval.c:3260
#10 0x0103c8a8 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x88f070) at eval.c:3076
#11 0x0113e6b0 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=20804713, vector=20804805,
maxdepth=16, args_template=52226074, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:780
#12 0x0103d43a in funcall_lambda (fun=20804661, nargs=4,
arg_vector=0x88f2b4) at eval.c:3260
#13 0x0103c8a8 in Ffuncall (nargs=5, args=0x88f2b0) at eval.c:3076
#14 0x0113e6b0 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=20803689, vector=20803741,
maxdepth=20, args_template=52226074, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:780
#15 0x0113dc86 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=20803689, vector=20803741,
maxdepth=20) at bytecode.c:424
#16 0x01039fc0 in eval_sub (form=20803678) at eval.c:2380
#17 0x01037730 in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=52794162,
bodyform=20803678, handlers=20803766) at eval.c:1443
#18 0x0113ef6b in exec_byte_code (bytestr=20803513, vector=20803605,
maxdepth=24, args_template=52226074, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:976
#19 0x0103d43a in funcall_lambda (fun=20803461, nargs=2,
arg_vector=0x88f8b4) at eval.c:3260
#20 0x0103c8a8 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x88f8b0) at eval.c:3076
#21 0x0113d701 in Fcall_interactively (function=52794898,
record_flag=52226074, keys=52247301) at callint.c:848
#22 0x0103c461 in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x88fb30) at eval.c:3034
#23 0x0103b57c in call3 (fn=52387866, arg1=52794898, arg2=52226074,
arg3=52226074) at eval.c:2826
#24 0x01022777 in Fcommand_execute (cmd=52794898,
record_flag=52226074, keys=52226074, special=52226074) at
keyboard.c:10220
#25 0x01006d98 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1528
#26 0x0103783a in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x10057cd
<command_loop_1>, handlers=52279706, hfun=0x1004ef9 <cmd_error>) at
eval.c:1496
#27 0x010053cf in command_loop_2 (ignore=52226074) at keyboard.c:1130
#28 0x01037263 in internal_catch (tag=52277802, func=0x10053ac
<command_loop_2>, arg=52226074) at eval.c:1243
#29 0x01005387 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1109
#30 0x010045eb in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:732
#31 0x01004b0f in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:794
#32 0x01002797 in main (argc=6, argv=0xa017a8) at emacs.c:1685

Lisp Backtrace:
"vertical-motion" (0x88ee24)
"line-move-visual" (0x88f074)
"line-move" (0x88f2b4)
"byte-code" (0x88f490)
"next-line" (0x88f8b4)
"call-interactively" (0x88fb34)
(gdb)