Subject: Re: bug#8486: 24.0.50; manual typos

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 09:34:13 -0400

> From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:07:37 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > To repeat the command more than once, type additional `z''s: each
> >
> >          ^^^^^^
> > ... has never looked right.  `z's' maybe?
> 
> Ugly, perhaps, but that's not a typo, isn't it?

Sort of.  It comes from the use of @samp{z}'s or similar in Texinfo.
The important part is that this looks right in the printed version of
the manual; the emulation we do in Info is less important.  So if the
Texinfo source uses @code{s} or @kbd{s} or anything but @samp, leave
the apostrophe alone; if it uses @samp, remove the apostrophe.  That's
because @samp produces single quotes in the printed copy as well,
while the others don't.