Subject: bug#8463: 24.0.50; [PATCH] Direct Edit in *Occur* Buffer

From: "Andrew W. Nosenko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 23:36:49 +0300

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 22:35, Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> wrote:
> "Andrew W. Nosenko" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>>> Or "e" (for edit; like in Rmail).
>>>
>>> That sounds good.
>>
>> But not for case, when user already switched the *Occur* buffer into
>> read/write mode for editing the buffer itself (not the underlying
>> files/buffers, where occurrences come from).
>
> That's already the case with "r" (occur-rename-buffer), "c"
> (clone-buffer), and "o" (occur-mode-goto-occurrence-other-window).
>

Yes, but: (1) these actions aren't destructive in respect to the
original data, and (2) I would to prefer to see the number of such
bindings decreasing, not increasing.

-- 
Andrew W. Nosenko <[email-masked]>