Subject: bug#8463: 24.0.50; [PATCH] Direct Edit in *Occur* Buffer

From: "Andrew W. Nosenko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 02:10:07 +0300

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 21:00, Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>> Or "e" (for edit; like in Rmail).
>>>
>>> That sounds good.
>>
>> But not for case, when user already switched the *Occur* buffer into
>> read/write mode for editing the buffer itself (not the underlying
>> files/buffers, where occurrences come from).
>
> Then maybe `M-e' (like in isearch mode)?

If separate apply-changes-to-underlying-buffers action to the own
function (may be even it already implemented in that way) then all
controversy will gone. -- Enter to read-write mode -- the same,
editing commands -- the same, all other behavior -- the same.  Just
because there will work one and the same code in the one and the same
mode.  Difference is only one between my usage model and usage model
of Leo (original author) -- after finishing I simple kill the occur
buffer, while Leo call the "apply-cachanges-to-underlying-buffers" for
"commit" the final results.

IMHO anyone can benefit from solving the problem in that way.

-- 
Andrew W. Nosenko <[email-masked]>