Subject: bug#8463: 24.0.50; [PATCH] Direct Edit in *Occur* Buffer

From: Štěpán Němec <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 11:30:57 +0200

Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> writes:

> Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> Thank you for this feedback. I will try to address these issues when I
>>> am back from a trip on Tuesday.
>>
>> I think it makes sense to bind the occur-edit feature to some other
>> key than C-x C-q.  While C-x C-q is a cute binding for it, it does
>> hide a command that is also useful.
>
> Unfortunately, C-x C-q is consistent with the command for switching to
> wdired mode.

I don't think this argument is really valid. First of all, C-x C-q is
consistent with the command to switch read-only-ness of a buffer, and
that's apparently what at least some people still expect and are used to
in this case. It might have made sense to override it for Wdired, but
not necessarily here.

  Štěpán