Subject: bug#8449: automake-1.11.1 make check failure

From: Ralf Wildenhues <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 20:02:36 +0200

close 8449
thanks

Hello Thomas,

* Thomas Schulz wrote on Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 04:47:58PM CEST:
> Building automake-1.11.1 on a Solaris 8 Sparc machine. With autoconf 2.68,
> gnum4 1.4.15, gawk 3.1.8 & perl 5.8.5.
> Make check had one failure in all.test. The log output is:
> 
> XFAIL: all.test (exit: 1)

Thank you for the report.  However, this is not a bug.  XFAIL means
eXpected FAILure, and as such, everything is working correctly.

But if 'make check' reported that some test failed, then there should be
a test actually listed as FAIL not XFAIL.  If that is the case, please
send details!

Otherwise I'm closing this bug for now.

Thanks,
Ralf