Subject: bug#8439: [PATCH] ffap.el -- detect paths with spaces (v4)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2020 12:07:52 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 15:08:45 +0200
> 
> I've respun the patch so that it now applies to Emacs 28, and the test
> cases seem to kinda work?

Thanks.

> The c: isn't included, but is that to be expected?

Is it?  I thought the intent was to include the full file name, which
means the drive letter should be included.  Otherwise the file will
not be found.

> So what do people think?  Good or bad?  Does this work in any way
> sensibly for people?

Since the heuristic only covers some use cases, I think we should have
it off by default, and we should document its potential pitfalls in
the doc string.  With those qualifications, I'm okay with adding this
optional feature.