Subject: bug#8415: 23.3.50; Extensible Emacs Registers

From: Leo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 09:29:31 +0800

On 2011-04-04 01:21 +0800, Daniel Colascione wrote:
> Thanks for doing this work. Why is window configuration special-cased
> instead of going through the function hooking mechanism?

I plan (in a subsequent patch to this) to break down jump-to-register,
describe-register-1 etc and move the pieces to where they belong using
the new implementation including moving semantic tag support back to
cedet.

> "Any customized data" might be parsed as referring to the customize
> mechanism; "any value" would suffice.

Thanks. I have changed this as suggested.

> increment and append don't have extension points. It'd be reasonable
> for a non-text register type to support these operations in some
> sense.

Agreed. On the other hand, we could add these support very quickly
should someone ask for them. I don't know what to do here. Should we add
them now?

An updated patch can be found here: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/365119
(only small tweaks).

Leo