Subject: bug#8414: describe-bindings does not list text properties and overlay bindings!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 09:04:40 +0800

Dear Emacs Professionals/Nurds,

Since back in the 1980's I've depended on C-h b to tell me what all the
keys are currently bound to in the buffer I'm in.

I even printed them out on paper and studied them all.

  C-h b runs the command describe-bindings, which is an interactive
  compiled Lisp function in `help.el'.

  Show a list of all defined keys, and their definitions.
  We put that list in a buffer, and display the buffer.

So you can understand my shock upon finding out,

>>>>> "LMI" == Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
LMI> [email-masked] writes:

>> Why when in the article buffer C-h k { says
>> } runs the command w3m-next-image, which is an interactive compiled
>> but C-h b does not list it?

LMI> `C-h b' just lists the keys in the current mode(s) of the buffer.  It
LMI> doesn't list the keys that are bound due to text properties and
LMI> overlays.  It probably should, and that's an Emacs bug.

OK, I'll hereby report it.