Subject: Re: bug#8400: 24.0.50; Strange selection behavior in Gnus Article buffer

From: David De La Harpe Golden <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 01:44:13 +0100

On 31/03/11 23:05, Stephen Berman wrote:
> 1. emacs -Q
> 2. Carry out the steps in NEWS to return to the pre-24 selection behavior:
>     Change `mouse-drag-copy-region' to t.
>     Change `x-select-enable-primary' to t.
>     Change `x-select-enable-clipboard' to nil.

Please try:

(setq select-active-regions nil
       mouse-drag-copy-region t
       x-select-enable-primary t
       x-select-enable-clipboard nil)
(global-set-key [mouse-2] 'mouse-yank-at-click)

I'm not saying there isn't a real issue, what you describe does sound a 
bit similar to a problem that occasionally occurred with the new 
settings (without any changes to them) a while back, but please try with 
the above settings, which are AFAIK still* (whatever the NEWS file may 
currently say) the actual current recipe to restore the old behaviour 
(except on windows) - if you only did precisely what you said in your 
2., then AFAIK you were running with a doom-laden mix of old and new 
settings.

* bearing in mind I'm only beginning a personal catchup on about 3½ 
months of emacs developments.