Subject: 24.0.50; defcustom :type face

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 10:45:58 -0700

Emacs 22 represents a regression in user friendliness wrt previous
versions, when it comes to the Customize interface for type `face'.
 
Prior to Emacs 22, you could simply click the `Select Face' button and
then use TAB completion to see all faces and choose one.  IOW, that
button prompted you in the minibuffer for the face name, and hitting
TAB immediately (no need to type anything) showed you the names of all
faces.
 
Starting with Emacs 22, you must type some text into the face-name
field, then hit M-TAB.  So you must know some of the face name ahead of
time, instead of simply seeing all names as a reminder.
 
Please restore the more user-friendly interface of Emacs 21 and prior,
for choosing a face name.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-03-21 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/imagesupport/include'