Subject: bug#8392: Diary entries does not work with ISO date format

From: Fco. Mario Barcala Rodríguez<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 17:41:57 +0200

I have configured my .emacs file to use ISO dates format, but when I check for
diary entries (throw 'd' option of calendar) I get "No diary entries for
<date>". I attach my .emacs file and a sample diary file. Inserting new entries
in the diary file to the calendar ('i d' option) writes the data in the correct
format (ISO), so I guess that must be a problem in the diary
interpretation by the
calendar.

Severity: normal
In GNU Emacs 23.3.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
 of 2011-03-30 on tambre
configured using `configure  '--prefix' '/home/barcala/emacs/' '--without-x''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: gl_ES.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Calendar

Minor modes in effect:
  desktop-save-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC [ > 1 ; 2 4 0 3 ; 0 c C-x c a DEL DEL RET ESC x
c a l e n d a r RET m u ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC
O A ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C
ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC
O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C
ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC
O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O C ESC O D
d ESC x r e p o r TAB RET

Recent messages:
Loading org...done
OVERVIEW
Loading css-mode...done
OVERVIEW [2 times]
Wrote /home/barcala/.emacs.desktop.lock
Desktop: 16 buffers restored, 1 failed to restore.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Marking diary entries...done
Preparing diary...
No diary entries for 2011-04-01: April Fools' Day
Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs mule-util cal-move css-mode
org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo
org-infojs org-html org-exp org-exp-blocks org-agenda org-info org-gnus
org-bibtex org-bbdb org byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile advice
help-fns advice-preload org-footnote org-src org-list org-faces
org-compat org-macs noutline outline easy-mmode dired parse-time
ruby-mode vc-cvs sgml-mode image diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs message sendmail regexp-opt ecomplete rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader
gnus-util netrc time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit
mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils desktop cus-start
cus-load ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process multi-tty
emacs)

Mario Barcala