Subject: bug#8385: closed (Re: bug#8385: 24.0.50; rcirc auto-authentication slightly broken)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 12:54:02 +0000

Your bug report

#8385: 24.0.50; rcirc auto-authentication slightly broken

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
8385: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8385
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#8385: 24.0.50; rcirc auto-authentication slightly broken
From: Deniz Dogan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 14:52:38 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tassilo pu;hed a fix. Thanks.

Subject: 24.0.50; rcirc auto-authentication slightly broken
From: Deniz Dogan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 02:21:11 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Currently when the user connects to an IRC server, rcirc checks if
`rcirc-auto-authenticate-flag' is non-nil and
`rcirc-authenticate-before-join' is non-nil.  If they are, a hook is
added to join the user's channels after successfully authenticating.

However, this is done regardless of whether the user has set up any
authinfo for the server being connected to, i.e., regardless of whether
any of the entries in `rcirc-authinfo' matches the server address.

`rcirc-handler-001' needs to be modified so that it first checks whether
the server matches any `rcirc-authinfo' entry before it decides to wait
with auto-joining channels until after authentication.

-- 
Deniz Dogan