Subject: 23.3; font-lock-face doesn't get yanked

From: Uday S Reddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 18:27:09 +0100

It looks like the 'font-lock-face text property is not preserved under
killing and yanking.

Here is a recipe to reproduce the problem:

- Go to *sratch* and type some text.
- Select it as region and do 
  (put-text-property (mark) (point) 'font-lock-face "bold")
- Kill and yank the region and notice that the bold face is gone.

Also, I wonder if there is a good reason why 'mouse-face is in
yank-excluded-properties.  If there isn't one, then perhaps you can
remove it too.

Cheers,
Uday

In GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-03-10 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/imagesupport/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  savehist-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-g <escape> : <up> C-e C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-d 
" C-e C-b " <return> C-x C-x <escape> : <up> <return> 
<escape> : <up> C-e C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b 
C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b 
C-b C-b C-f M-d M-d C-d <return> C-x C-x <escape> C-g 
C-SPC C-e <escape> : <up> <return> C-x C-x C-x C-x 
<escape> : <up> C-e C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b 
C-b C-b C-b C-b f o n t - l o c k - C-f C-f C-f C-f 
C-f C-f C-f C-b <return> <escape> C-g C-a <escape> 
: C-g C-x C-x C-x C-x C-SPC C-e <escape> : <up> C-f 
C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f 
C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f 
C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f 
C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-b 
M-d l a n e <backspace> <backspace> v e n d e r <return> 
<escape> : <up> C-e C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b 
C-b C-b C-b C-SPC C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f 
C-f C-w C-g M-x f o n t - <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> l i s t - f o n SPC SPC <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> a c e SPC SPC <return> C-x C-x C-x C-x 
<escape> : <up> C-e C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b 
C-b C-b C-b C-SPC C-e C-w b <backspace> ' b o l d ) 
<return> C-a C-k C-k C-y <f1> M-x r e p o r t - e m 
a c s SPC SPC <return>

Recent messages:
Invalid face reference: blue [9 times]
nilInvalid face reference: lavender
Invalid face reference: lavender
QuitInvalid face reference: lavender
Invalid face reference: lavender [3 times]
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.
Invalid face reference: lavender [12 times]
nil
kill-line: End of buffer
Mark set

Load-path shadows:
y:/emacs/vm/trunk/lisp/vm-vcard hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/vm-vcard
y:/emacs/vm/trunk/lisp/vm-serial hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/vm-serial
y:/emacs/vm/trunk/lisp/vm-ps-print hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/vm-ps-print
y:/emacs/vm/trunk/lisp/vm-grepmail hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/vm-grepmail
y:/emacs/vm/trunk/lisp/vm-biff hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/vm-biff
y:/emacs/vm/trunk/lisp/vcard hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/vcard
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/bbdb-2.35/lisp/bbdb hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/bbdb
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/bbdb-2.35/lisp/bbdb-xemacs hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/bbdb-xemacs
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/bbdb-2.35/lisp/bbdb-whois hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/bbdb-whois
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/bbdb-2.35/lisp/bbdb-w3 hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/bbdb-w3
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/bbdb-2.35/lisp/bbdb-snarf hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/bbdb-snarf
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/bbdb-2.35/lisp/bbdb-sc hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/bbdb-sc
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/bbdb-2.35/lisp/bbdb-rmail hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/bbdb-rmail
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/bbdb-2.35/lisp/bbdb-print hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/bbdb-print
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/bbdb-2.35/lisp/bbdb-migrate hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/bbdb-migrate
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/bbdb-2.35/lisp/bbdb-merge hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/bbdb-merge
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/bbdb-2.35/lisp/bbdb-hooks hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/bbdb-hooks
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/bbdb-2.35/lisp/bbdb-gui hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/bbdb-gui
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/bbdb-2.35/lisp/bbdb-gnus hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/bbdb-gnus
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/bbdb-2.35/lisp/bbdb-ftp hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/bbdb-ftp
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/bbdb-2.35/lisp/bbdb-com hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/bbdb-com
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/bbdb-2.35/lisp/bbdb-autoloads hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/bbdb-autoloads
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/longlines hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/longlines
d:/gnu/site-lisp/w3/cus-load hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/cus-load
d:/gnu/site-lisp/w3/url hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/url/url
d:/gnu/site-lisp/w3/url-vars hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/url/url-vars
d:/gnu/site-lisp/w3/url-parse hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/url/url-parse
d:/gnu/site-lisp/w3/url-ns hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/url/url-ns
d:/gnu/site-lisp/w3/url-nfs hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/url/url-nfs
d:/gnu/site-lisp/w3/url-news hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/url/url-news
d:/gnu/site-lisp/w3/url-misc hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/url/url-misc
d:/gnu/site-lisp/w3/url-ldap hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/url/url-ldap
d:/gnu/site-lisp/w3/url-irc hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/url/url-irc
d:/gnu/site-lisp/w3/url-http hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/url/url-http
d:/gnu/site-lisp/w3/url-gw hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/url/url-gw
d:/gnu/site-lisp/w3/url-file hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/url/url-file
d:/gnu/site-lisp/w3/url-cookie hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/url/url-cookie
d:/gnu/site-lisp/w3/url-cid hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/url/url-cid
d:/gnu/site-lisp/w3/url-cache hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/url/url-cache
d:/gnu/site-lisp/w3/url-auth hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/url/url-auth
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-xoxo hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-xoxo
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-wl hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-wl
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-w3m hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-w3m
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-vm hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-vm
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-timer hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-timer
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-table hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-table
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-src hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-src
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-rmail hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-rmail
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-remember hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-remember
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-publish hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-publish
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-protocol hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-protocol
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-plot hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-plot
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-mouse hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-mouse
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-mobile hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-mobile
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-mhe hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-mhe
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-mew hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-mew
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-macs hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-macs
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-mac-message hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-mac-message
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-list hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-list
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-latex hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-latex
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-jsinfo hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-jsinfo
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-irc hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-irc
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-install hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-install
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-inlinetask hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-info hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-info
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-indent hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-indent
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-id hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-id
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-icalendar hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-icalendar
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-html hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-html
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-habit hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-habit
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-gnus hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-gnus
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-freemind hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-freemind
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-footnote hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-footnote
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-feed hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-feed
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-faces hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-faces
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-exp hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-exp
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-exp-blocks hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-exp-blocks
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-docbook hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-docbook
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-datetree hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-datetree
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-crypt hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-crypt
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-compat hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-compat
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-colview hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-colview
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-clock hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-clock
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-bibtex hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-bibtex
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-bbdb hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-bbdb
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-attach hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-attach
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-ascii hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-ascii
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-archive hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-archive
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../packages/org-mode/lisp/org-agenda hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/org/org-agenda
d:/gnu/site-lisp/w3/socks hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/net/socks
d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/../site-lisp/undigest hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/mail/undigest
d:/Home/udr/share/emacs/rnews hides d:/gnu/emacs-23.3/lisp/obsolete/rnews

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader mm-util mail-prsvr
gmm-utils wid-edit mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils
emacsbug help-mode view bbdb-autoloads bbdb timezone vm-autoloads
vm-version vm-vars remember org-remember org-datetree org byte-opt
warnings bytecomp byte-compile advice help-fns advice-preload
org-footnote org-src org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs
noutline outline easy-mmode cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs
org-install savehist-20+ cl cl-19 ange-ftp tex-site telnet comint ring
movement natural-space NatSpeak sendmail auth-source gnus-util netrc
time-date epa-file epa epg epg-config regexp-opt echistory chistory
ehelp electric derived which-func imenu edmacro kmacro jka-compr tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp
w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)

--