Subject: why not give user an extra variable when compile emacs under windows?

From: Xu Jingtao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 22:45:09 +0800

hi emacs:

When compile emacs under windows, i want to specify some gcc flags like this:
==============================================================
call configure.bat --cflags -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=10000
==============================================================
But under windows os,the "=" is treated as white space when passed to batch arguments.
So I have to modify this gcc definition in emacs's source tree which is not my pleasure.
Why not give user an extra variable when compile emacs under windows?
For example, named as "LOCAL_FLAGS_WIN",
so i could set this before call configure.bat like this
==============================================================
set LOCAL_FLAGS_WIN=-DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=10000
call configure.bat 
==============================================================
and nt/makefile in emacs source tree is modified to support this variable.
==============================================================
CFLAGS          = -I. $(ARCH_CFLAGS) $(DEBUG_CFLAGS) $(CHECKING_CFLAGS) $(PROFILE_CFLAGS) $(USER_CFLAGS) $(LOCAL_FLAGS) $(LOCAL_FLAGS_WIN)
==============================================================

best regards.
jingtao