Subject: bug#8364: 24.0.9999; PATCH: Fit to width/height/page for doc-view.el

From: sho nakatani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 23:35:51 +0900

Tassilo

Hi Tassilo,

>> But your function doesn't work for some files.
>
> What exactly doesn't work?

I meant that after calling `doc-view-fit-slice-width-to-window' the
image disappeared from the window.
I tested some files written in both English and Japanese.
After that, I realized only images written in Japanese sometimes (not
always) cause this error.

I guess this error is related with font set and ghostscript, or my own
environment.
We non-Westerner are sometimes bothered by errors related by fonts.
Actually, DocViewMode display files in English quite well but
sometimes it fails to display files in Japanese.

In my opinion, current implementation is enough for use.
As I said, I sometimes fail to view PDF/PS files in DocViewMode, so I
don't mind so much even if
`doc-view-fit-slice-width-to-window' causes an error.
Also, if a file written in Japanese can be displayed by DocViewMode,
at least `doc-view-fit-*-to-window'
without slice succeeds.
Adding `doc-view-fit-slice-to-window' feature does help viewing English files,
and it does not do ANY harm for viewing Japanese files.
So I suggest to add this new feature.

I'll send a patch soon.
Thanks.

--
Sho Nakatani