Subject: bug#8355: 24.0.50; Boxes in mode-line and scrolling

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 18:09:41 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> The scary thing about this fix is that the problematic code was in a
>> very low-level function, which is used all over the place, and that
>> code didn't change since Emacs 21.  So I wonder/dread what other
>> effects will this change have...
>
> It's exciting.  :-)  I've used the new version for some hours now, and
> in buffers with/without odd font combinations/images, and navigation in
> all the buffers has been glitch free, so I have high hopes.

It's been a month, and I've seen no glitches (or seen reports of them),
so I'm going to go ahead and close this bug report.  If there's further
work to be done in this area, opening a new bug report is probably the
way.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no