Subject: bug#8355: 24.0.50; Boxes in mode-line and scrolling

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 16:05:05 +0100

Antoine Levitt <[email-masked]> writes:

> There seems to be a conflict between scrolling and the box attribute in
> mode-line. I have in my config a ":box t" attribute in mode-line (from
> the theme I use, zenburn.el). With this setting on, C-v M-v produces a
> net displacement of one line up, which is annoying. This seems to be
> irrespective of settings such as scroll-conservatively or
> scroll-preserve-screen-position.
>
> I'm not 100% sure how to reproduce this, as I use the color-theme
> package to set the parameter. Any way to set the mode-line :box
> attribute to "t" will trigger it. Then, find a sufficiently large file,
> and do C-v M-v.

(This bug report unfortunately got no response at the time.)

Are you still seeing this in more recent versions of Emacs?  If so,
could you try to come up with a step-by-step recipe to reproduce it,
starting from "emacs -Q"?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no