Subject: Re: bug#8355: 24.0.50; Boxes in mode-line and scrolling

From: Antoine Levitt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 21:47:48 +0100

09 December 2020 18:24 +01, Lars Ingebrigtsen:
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Yes, please.
>
> This one should illustrate the problem, I think:

Thanks Eli for doing this! Trying out in tex files (same reproducer as
before), it does seem to be a bit better than previously in that I
sometimes see no movement when doing C-v M-v, and generally movement
when it occurs seems to be reduced (ie one line at a time rather than
several), but movement does remain the rule and no movement the
exception. This is even with the default settings for latex, which
results in very moderate line height discrepancies: on a random tex file
on my computer, (line-pixel-height) says normal lines are 18 pixels,
with the ones having subscripts and superscripts being 19 pixels.
Although I often have a lot of subscripts and superscripts, so it's
possible there's more than 9 lines that are 19 pixels tall on my screen,
if that's what matters.

Best,
Antoine