Subject: bug#8328: touch core-dumps

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 11:43:39 -0600

I didn't see the original in the mail list, just online:
http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8328

> We are using SMCcoreu VERSION:  8.9 on solaris 10
> /usr/local/bin/touch core-dumps
> 
> $>which touch
> /usr/local/bin/touch
> $ >cd /tmp
> $ >touch new_file
> Segmentation Fault
> 
> Regards

This is a known issue, related to recent Solaris additions of futimens
support conflicting with gnulib workarounds for older utimens causing an
infinite recursion.  It has been partially dealt with in coreutils 8.10
(if you configure from scratch on solaris 10, the problem should go
away), and completely dealt with in coreutils.git (the next coreutils
release will allow you to configure and build on solaris 9 and still run
on solaris 10).

I'll leave this bug open until we have confirmation that this fixes the
issue for you.

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-801-349-2682
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org