Subject: Re: bug#8327: 24.0.50; Info mode manual: headline of section 1.4 is confusing

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 22:21:43 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Christoph Scholtes <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
>> Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 21:14:08 +0200
>> 
>> What on earth is "Help-^L" meant to signify?  I have no idea.  The
>> author probably knows.
>
> So will you, if you try reading that manual in an Info reader.  When
> you get to this node, you'll understand why its name is this and no
> other.

Sorry; I still have no idea.

I mean, I know that ^L refers to C-l.  But I still have no idea why the
node is called Help-^L, and not Help-Com or whatever.

All the info nodes in that section have pretty inscrutable node names.
"Help-Inv", "Help-Int".

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/