Subject: bug#832: Compiling Emacs.app fails this afternoon.

From: "Gilbert Harman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 14:00:07 -0400

After ./configure --with-ns
....
make -j2

....
nsfont.m: In function 'nsfont_char_width':
nsfont.m:481: warning: 'widthOfString:' is deprecated (declared at
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSFont.h:216)
nsfont.m: In function 'nsfont_open':
nsfont.m:726: warning: 'widthOfString:' is deprecated (declared at
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSFont.h:216)
nsfont.m: In function 'nsfont_draw':
nsfont.m:907: error: 'struct glyph_string' has no member named 'gidx'
nsfont.m:908: error: 'struct glyph_string' has no member named 'gidx'
nsfont.m:914: error: 'struct glyph_string' has no member named 'gidx'
nsfont.m:1097: error: 'struct glyph_string' has no member named 'gidx'
nsfont.m:1103: error: 'struct glyph_string' has no member named 'gidx'
make[1]: *** [nsfont.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [src] Error 2

  Gil

(Intel Mac OS X 10.5.4)