Subject: bug#8319: latexmk in automake

From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:14:37 +0000

I've been working with John Collins to improve latexmk's ability to
work with automake (actually, I've been talking, he's done all the
work).

He's put up a snapshot at: http://www.phys.psu.edu/~collins/latexmk/trial/

together with a test project.

Thoughts? Very sensibly, I think, John has modelled latexmk's handling
of dependencies on the way the C compiler and makedepend work.

The work is all on the latexmk side; there's no corresponding automake
support; but hopefully the latexmk changes make it easier to support.
I believe there is support for VPATH builds, but I've not yet had time
to look at this myself, so I thought that I'd pass it on to the list
anyway.

John says:

Notice that in addition to a -deps option, latexmk has acquired some
other options.  The relevant ones are -deps-out=filename, which sets
the filename for the dependency output, and -recorder, which sets the
use of the -recorder option on latex and pdflatex.  The -recorder
option is something I've planned for a while; it improves latexmk's
detection of which files are read and written by latex and pdflatex.

-- 
http://rrt.sc3d.org