Subject: bug#8317: Subject: 24.0.50; sh-script.el took my key

From: Andreas Röhler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 09:18:57 +0100

Hi,

having defined "C-c (" onto some useful function here,
when in Shell-script mode `sh-function` took it.

Seems bad, as "C-c" should be a reserved key for users.

Seeing the are some more issues of this kind at place.

BTW simply commenting out these keys should be a good choice. Usually 
prefer to define keys myself.

Thanks all

Andreas

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

C-c ( runs the command sh-function, which is an interactive compiled
Lisp function in `sh-script.el'.

It is bound to C-c (, <menu-bar> <sh-script> <sh-function>.

(sh-function &optional STR ARG)

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
     `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/home/dresden/emacs-20110321/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.6)
  of 2011-03-21
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10605000
configured using `configure  '--without-makeinfo' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 
-fno-optimize-sibling-calls''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Shell-script

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<up> <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> C-x C-f <M-backspace>
<M-backspace> <M-backspace> p r o g a r <tab> b u b
<backspace> <backspace> i n / a n s t r <backspace>
i t <backspace> s t <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> t i f t <return> M-> C-c ) C-c ( C-g M-x
r r e p o <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
e p o r t - e m a c s - b u <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Setting up indent for shell type bash
setting up indent stuff
Indentation variables are now local.
Indentation setup for shell type bash
Mark set
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug url-util
url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile assoc
gnus-util time-date password-cache url-vars mm-util mail-prsvr skeleton
vc-rcs regexp-opt sh-script executable tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)