Subject: Re: bug#8313: 23.3; MacBook Pro kp- keys don't work in Cocoa build

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 21:19:10 +0100

Mitchell Model <[email-masked]> writes:

> On a MacBook Pro there doesn't appear to be any way to get Cocoa Emacs
> 23 (23.2 or 23.3) from http://emacsformacosx.com/ to see
> Function-character as a kp-othercharacter event for those keys that have
> Function alternates to emulate a keypad. The characters Emacs sees are
> in fact the correct Function key variation of the characters -- e.g.,
> Function-p is a * -- but they are not kp- versions of the events. Thus,
> there is no way to bind, for example, kp-0 to anything. As a workaround
> I have told Emacs to treat Function as hyper, which I never use
> otherwise, and repeated all my kp- bindings (of which I have many) as
> hyper equivalents. Carbon Emacs 22 did see Function-character as kp-
> named keys.

Hi, sorry nobody's responded before now. I get the kp- keys when I try
them in Emacs 25. Are you able to confirm whether or not it's working
for you now?
-- 
Alan Third