Subject: Re: bug#831: 23.0.60; error in nsfonts.m

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 16:37:14 -0400

[Sent this to bug 381 instead of 831 the first time, sigh]

Would you mind not using the newsgroup interface? It seems to break
the bug tracker, in that your posts don't appear there (I have
forwarded some there). This is some bug, not your fault.

Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> I used the data member rename patch Austin and others suggested for two
> days now without problems.  It lets Emacs build on Mac OS X and despite
> being insufficient as a full fix, at least the users don't have to wait
> for the full fix to have a working compile.
>
> I comitted this change to the Emacs CVS HEAD, including fixing the
> references to gidx in the xdisp.c docs, and will back it out (or anyone
> else can back it out) if it's a problem.

Can you give it the correct attribution in the ChangeLog? Maybe you
came up with it independently, in which case it's correct as is.
I thought it was Daniel Koning's.

> I apologize in advance if that's the case. All the gidx references
> are changed to cmp_from, that's all it does.

I left it alone partly because obviously wrong is better than subtly wrong.
(Not that I can say if it is right or wrong).
And also partly to see how many duplicate reports were received. :)
About 13 I think, none apart from the first and the one with the patch
conveying any useful information. And most saying "is this known?" :)

(I'm not saying you should take it out.)