Subject: bug#8280: 24.0.50; ibuffer: "filters to filter group" broken

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 14:10:55 -0400

[email-masked] (Rafaël Fourquet) writes:

> This bug is introduced by the fix of bug #7969, please tell me if I
> should have re-opened this one.
>
> The infinite loop indicated in #7969 was fixed in file ibuf-ext.el
> (commit 81911782 in git, Feb 2) by clearing all the filter groups
> (ibuffer-filter-groups) in addition to the active filters
> (ibuffer-filtering-qualifiers), in the function ibuffer-filter-disable.
> I am not sure that this is what this function was intended to do. At
> least it introduces an unwanted behavior: the function
> ibuffer-filters-to-filter-group is supposed to transform active filters
> into a filtering group, so it calls ibuffer-filter-disable once those
> filters have been set as groups. But now, this last function clears
> everything.

Thanks for the analysis.

I've committed the more conservative fix you suggested, i.e. adding an
optional arg to ibuffer-filter-disable and using it in
ibuffer-included-in-filter-p-1.