Subject: Re: Emacs should use socklen_t for socket lengths

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 21:22:05 +0200

> Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 11:53:58 -0700
> From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked]
> 
> On 03/20/2011 11:45 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> >> My understanding of his comments is that he was thinking about
> >> > building Emacs under Cygwin and/or Mingw, and that it's those ports
> >> > these fixes are designed for, not the native MS-Windows port.
> > The MinGW build and the native MS-Windows port of Emacs are one and
> > the same, there's no other MinGW build of Emacs.
> 
> Thanks, I didn't know that.  In that case I expect his comments
> were aimed more at the Cygwin port.

But for Cygwin, nt/inc/sys/socket.h is not relevant.  Files under nt/
are used only by the native Windows build.  I expect Cygwin to use
sys/socket.h from its system headers, and I don't think it includes
ws2tcpip.h (but I could be wrong).