Subject: bug#8275: 24.0.50; Intro to Emacs Lisp Issue

From: Jason Earl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 11:35:58 -0600

(info "(eintr) append-to-buffer overview") covers a previous version of
append-to-buffer.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.5 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.0)
 of 2011-03-14 on c3po
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10900000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  yas/global-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-semantic-mru-bookmark-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-completions-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-summary-mode: t
  global-semantic-decoration-mode: t
  global-semantic-highlight-func-mode: t
  global-semantic-stickyfunc-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<return> <switch-frame> C-x k <return> <up> <down> 
<switch-frame> <up> <switch-frame> <up> <up> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <down> C-x o <return> 
<down> <return> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> C-x o <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <left> <down> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <return> q <up> <up> <switch-frame> 
C-h i u u u u u <down> <down> <down> <return> i s a 
v e - e x c u r <tab> <return> , u <return> SPC SPC 
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC 
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC <up> <up> <up> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> M-x r e b o <tab> <backspace> <backspace> 
p o <tab> r <tab> b <tab> <tab> e m <tab> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> d o <tab> <backspace> 
<backspace> e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
uncompressing eintr-3.gz...done
uncompressing eintr-2.gz...done
uncompressing eintr-3.gz...done
uncompressing eintr-3.gz...done
uncompressing eintr-3.gz...done
uncompressing eintr-1.gz...done
Found `save-excursion' in Index.  (Only match) [2 times]
byte-code: End of buffer [3 times]
Added 3 events for today
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/lisp/slime/slime hides /home/jearl/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-20110219-cvs/slime
~/.emacs.d/lisp/slime/hyperspec hides /home/jearl/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-20110219-cvs/hyperspec
~/.emacs.d/lisp/slime/slime-autoloads hides /home/jearl/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-20110219-cvs/slime-autoloads
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/tq hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow emacsbug jka-compr gnus-uu yenc gnus-html url-cache mm-url
shr-color color shr gnus-dup mailalias smtpmail bbdb-gui vc-dispatcher
vc-svn tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
multi-isearch qp smiley ansi-color gnus-cite flow-fill gnus-async
gnus-bcklg gnus-ml nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnimap utf7 nnfolder bbdb-gnus
bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com rot13 disp-table netrc gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp proto-stream
starttls gnus-cache nnir gnus-sum macroexp nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo
nnmail mail-source gnus-fun gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message sendmail rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
mail-utils wid-edit calc-menu calc-aent calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs
mule-util cal-move tabify org-table newcomment cal-china lunar solar
cal-dst holidays hol-loaddefs cal-iso paredit company-files
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-etags company-gtags company-ropemacs company-xcode
company-semantic semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope
semantic/analyze/fcn company-eclim company-css company-nxml rng-nxml
rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph
nxml-enc xmltok company-elisp help-mode view company auctex-autoloads
tex-site info company-autoloads package slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-scratch slime-presentations
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands
slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl slime apropos hideshow pp hyperspec
slime-autoloads emms-playlist-limit emms-volume emms-volume-amixer
emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-lastfm-client
emms-lastfm-scrobbler emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort
emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq
emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line emms-streams
emms-tag-editor format-spec emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache
emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc
emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist
emms-source-file dired emms-info-libtag emms-info later-do emms-setup
emms emms-compat magit diff-mode log-edit pcvs-util add-log yasnippet
dropdown-list ess-toolbar ess-mouse mouseme browse-url ess-menu speedbar
sb-image dframe ess-swv ess-noweb noweb-font-lock-mode ess-bugs-l
essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l ess-sas-a executable shell ess-arc-d
ess-vst-d ess-xls-d ess-lsp-l ess-sta-d ess-sta-l cc-vars cc-defs
make-regexp ess-sp6-d ess-sp5-d ess-sp3-d ess-r-d ess-r-args ess-s-l
ess-inf ess-utils ess-mode noweb-mode ess ess-custom ess-compat ess-site
identica-mode edmacro kmacro json url-http tls url-auth mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-util url-parse
auth-source assoc gnus-util password-cache url-vars mm-util mail-prsvr
mailcap longlines parse-time boxquote rect appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
vc-bzr flyspell ispell org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew
org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks
org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda org
warnings ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote
org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-complete org-list org-faces
org-compat org-entities org-macs time-date noutline outline cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs htmlize cl org-install semantic/mru-bookmark
semantic/db-mode semantic/db eieio-base semantic/idle semantic/format
ezimage semantic/ctxt semantic/decorate/mode semantic/tag-ls
semantic/decorate pulse semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile mode-local cedet flymake easy-mmode ropemacs pymacs
bbdb-autoloads bbdb timezone dbus xml w3m-load quack thingatpt easymenu
compile cmuscheme comint regexp-opt ring scheme ledger derived pcomplete
esh-arg esh-util jadoea tango-dark-theme sha1 hex-util uniquify advice
help-fns advice-preload paren delsel cus-start cus-load tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)