Subject: Re: bug#8268: Windows Emacs Console persists while running running emacs.exe.

From: "Nicholas \"Indy\" Ray" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 20:53:19 -0700

I could. I'm probally going to have to actually build a version of
emacs locally to do that. Is it possible to build it in MSVC 2008, or
should I probally get MinGW working? the version installed with git
seems unsuitable to do the job.

Indy

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Any thoughts on the matter? the runemacs.exe if from my emacs 32.3
>> folder recentlly extracted from emacs-23.3-bin-i386.zip and running
>> M-x version on the resultant emacs window gives me:
>>
>> GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600) of 2011-03-10 on 3249CTO
>
> I've tested that very same version.
>
> Hmm. Perhaps some of the calls to
> SetCurrentProcessExplicitAppUserModelID are failing? Could you try to
> debug that?
>
>     Juanma
>