Subject: Re: bug#8257: Links to browse source code broken

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 14:22:57 -0400

Lennart Borgman wrote (on Tue, 15 Mar 2011 at 14:25 +0100):

> Then link on
> 
>    emacs - Summary [Savannah]
>    http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/emacs/
> 
> in the menus
> 
>    Source Code / Browse Sources Repository

There are 3 such links.
The git one works. The CVS one works. The bzr one takes to you a page
that says:

  loggerhead disabled due to instability; if you're interesting in
  maintaining it, please check http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/Bzr

This is a 404 error message. To quote:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2010-10/msg00040.html

   It's 404 but I'm not sure you read the 404 message (maybe you have
   some kind of simplified 404 error display in your browser):

This issue has been discussed several times on emacs-devel and
Savannah mailing lists. The problem is not specific to Emacs and there
is nothing Emacs developers can do about it (apart from answering the
above appeal).