Subject: bug#8250: 23.3; set-backrgound-color sets incorrect color

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 21:04:12 +0200

> From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 15:56:15 +0100
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 15:54, Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > In x-open-connection, w32-color-map is set from the etc/rgb.txt file
> 
> To be precise, it is loaded from the rgb.txt file in the
> `data-directory' dir, so check also `data-directory' to see where does
> it point to.

Actually, it first looks in the home directory, and only then in
data-directory.  David, do you happen to have an rgb.txt in your home
directory?  (Try "C-x C-f ~/rgb.txt RET".)  If you do, could it be the
culprit?

Also, can you try, in "emacs -Q", to type this:

  M-: (length (x-load-color-file "c:/gnu/emacs/etc/rgb.txt")) RET

and tell the result?