Subject: bug#8250: 23.3; set-backrgound-color sets incorrect color

From: "David J. Biesack" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 08:43:08 -0400

There are 167 colors listed, only 9 "gray" colors:

     28:dark slate gray        dark slate grey, DarkSlateGray, DarkSlateGrey          #2f4f4f
     29:dim gray               dim grey, DimGray, DimGrey                             #696969
     30:slate gray             slate grey, SlateGray, SlateGrey                       #708090
     31:light slate gray       light slate grey, LightSlateGray, LightSlateGrey       #778899
     32:gray                   grey                                                   #bebebe
     33:light gray             light grey, LightGray, LightGrey                       #d3d3d3
    130:gray0                  grey0                                                  #000000
    131:dark gray              dark grey, DarkGray, DarkGrey                          #a9a9a9
    154:SystemGrayText         SystemGrayText                                         #c0c0c0

and 8 "grey"

8 matches for "grey" in buffer: *Colors*
     28:dark slate gray        dark slate grey, DarkSlateGray, DarkSlateGrey          #2f4f4f
     29:dim gray               dim grey, DimGray, DimGrey                             #696969
     30:slate gray             slate grey, SlateGray, SlateGrey                       #708090
     31:light slate gray       light slate grey, LightSlateGray, LightSlateGrey       #778899
     32:gray                   grey                                                   #bebebe
     33:light gray             light grey, LightGray, LightGrey                       #d3d3d3
    130:gray0                  grey0                                                  #000000
    131:dark gray              dark grey, DarkGray, DarkGrey                          #a9a9a9

When I try to set

(set-background-color "DarkGray") or
(set-background-color "SystemGrayText")

I end up with the lighter bebebe grey instead.

Note that I have also turned off Windows 7 Aero color themes on my
desktop because it is impossible to configure windows colors with
a dark grey window background and white text unless you disable
Aero themes and then start from the High Contrast #1 theme to set
Windows system colors.

-- 
David J. Biesack, SAS
SAS Campus Dr. Cary, NC 27513
www.sas.com    (919) 531-7771