Subject: bug#825 closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#825: 23.0.60; M-1 C-h a f i l e)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#825: 23.0.60; M-1 C-h a f i l e

It has been closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
825: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=825
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems
>From [email-masked] Fri Aug 29 19:26:09 2008
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: bug#825: 23.0.60; M-1 C-h a f i l e
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 22:24:33 -0400

2008-08-30  Glenn Morris  <[email-masked]>

    * url-http.el (url-https-expand-file-name): Resolve directly to
    url-default-expander rather than via another alias.
    (url-default-expander): Autoload an autoload.  (Bug#825).

>From [email-masked] Fri Aug 29 12:30:14 2008
From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 23.0.60; M-1 C-h a f i l e
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 21:27:40 +0200
Sender: [email-masked]

Evaluating the following causes an error:

(apropos-command (quote ("file")) 1)

Backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function url-https-expand-file-name)
  documentation(url-https-expand-file-name t)
  apropos-command(("file") 1)
  eval((apropos-command (quote ("file")) 1))
  eval-expression((apropos-command (quote ("file")) 1) nil)
  call-interactively(eval-expression nil nil)

This happend with the actual CVS release emacs -q, but not with my
emacs 22.2.1.