Subject: Re: bug#8247: How to write an application

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 08:00:34 -0600

tag 8247 + notabug
thanks

On 03/14/2011 01:29 AM, alfred inacio wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> How can I write an application such as ls, pwd, less, more, etc.?

The easiest was is probably to learn by example, by downloading the
source code to an existing implementation and studying that.

I'm marking this as not a bug; the [email-masked] list is better
suited for general programming questions not related to a specific bug
in an existing coreutils.  As it is, you might get a better answer by
telling us more about what application you are trying to write and why
none of the existing implementations do what you need to cause you to
want to write a new application.

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-801-349-2682
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org