Subject: 24.0.50; compilation-auto-jump-to-first-error should have more meanings

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 19:04:07 -0500

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.7 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit)

as described in
http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8014
compilation mode often fails to find the location of the error/warning
which is extremely annoying.
I don't want to be asked where to find the file, especially if I did not
ask to jump to the first error.

I suggest 2 more values for compilation-auto-jump-to-first-error:

-- if-location-known - jump to the first error, but only if its location
   can be determined without user interaction

-- first-known - jump to the first error whose location is can be
   determined without user interaction

in addition to the current values:

-- t - always jump to the first error

-- nil - never jump to the first error

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on CentOS release 5.3 (Final) X
http://dhimmi.com http://palestinefacts.org http://www.memritv.org
http://truepeace.org http://ffii.org http://openvotingconsortium.org
If you're being passed on the right, you're in the wrong lane.