Subject: bug#8223: closed (Re: bug#8223: emacs 23.3 compilation fails with Xcode 4 on Mac 10.6.6)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 01:58:02 +0000

Your bug report

#8223: emacs 23.3 compilation fails with Xcode 4 on Mac 10.6.6

which was filed against the emacs,ns package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
8223: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8223
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#8223: emacs 23.3 compilation fails with Xcode 4 on Mac 10.6.6
From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:57:48 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 23.3

Fixed with the following change in the emacs-23 branch:

2011-03-11  YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu  <[email-masked]>

	* unexmacosx.c (copy_data_segment): Also copy __got section.
	(Bug#8223)

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]

Subject: emacs 23.3 compilation fails with Xcode 4 on Mac 10.6.6
From: an0 <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:46:35 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

   Whether I use gcc or llvm-gcc, I met this error:
Dumping under the name emacs
--- List of All Regions ---
   address     size prot maxp
--- List of Regions to be Dumped ---
   address     size prot maxp
--- Header Information ---
Magic = 0xfeedfacf
CPUType = 16777223
CPUSubType = -2147483645
FileType = 0x2
NCmds = 18
SizeOfCmds = 3432
Flags = 0x00000085
Highest address of load commands in input file: 0x5f1000
Lowest offset of all sections in __TEXT segment:   0x14f0
--- List of Load Commands in Input File ---
# cmd              cmdsize name                address     size
0 LC_SEGMENT_64          72 __PAGEZERO                0 0x100000000
1 LC_SEGMENT_64         712 __TEXT           0x100000000 0x1d4000
                           __text           0x1000014f0 0x18f96a
                           __stubs          0x100190e5a    0x61e
                           __stub_helper    0x100191478    0xa44
                           __const          0x100191ec0    0x9b4
                           __cstring        0x100192878  0x1728e
                           __gcc_except_tab 0x1001a9b08     0x40
                           __unwind_info    0x1001a9b48   0x1d8c
                           __eh_frame       0x1001ab8d8  0x28728
2 LC_SEGMENT_64        1512 __DATA           0x1001d4000 0x367000
                           __program_vars   0x1001d4000     0x28
                           __nl_symbol_ptr  0x1001d4028     0x10
                           __got            0x1001d4038    0x188
                           __la_symbol_ptr  0x1001d41c0    0x828
                           __objc_classlist 0x1001d49e8     0x70
                           __objc_protolist 0x1001d4a58     0x10
                           __objc_imageinfo 0x1001d4a68      0x8
                           __objc_const     0x1001d4a70   0x21d0
                           __objc_selrefs   0x1001d6c40    0xe38
                           __objc_msgrefs   0x1001d7a80     0xf0
                           __objc_classrefs 0x1001d7b70    0x1f0
                           __objc_superrefs 0x1001d7d60     0x60
                           __objc_data      0x1001d7dc0    0x460
                           __data           0x1001d8220 0x2f5f38
                           __const          0x1004ce160   0x2020
                           __cfstring       0x1004d0180    0x640
                           __bss            0x1004d07c0  0x59518
                           __common         0x100529ce0  0x10939
3 LC_SEGMENT_64          72 __LINKEDIT       0x10053b000  0xb6000
4 LC_DYLD_INFO_ONLY      48
5 LC_SYMTAB              24
6 LC_DYSYMTAB            80
7 LC_LOAD_DYLINKER       32
8 LC_UUID                24
9 LC_UNIXTHREAD         184
10 LC_LOAD_DYLIB          88
11 LC_LOAD_DYLIB          56
12 LC_LOAD_DYLIB          56
13 LC_LOAD_DYLIB          56
14 LC_LOAD_DYLIB         104
15 LC_LOAD_DYLIB         104
16 LC_LOAD_DYLIB         112
17 LC_LOAD_DYLIB          96
0x1020fc080 (sz:   0x3f25/  0x3f28)
0x102000000 (sz:  0xfc07d/ 0xfc080)
0x103afc080 (sz:   0x3f24/  0x3f28)
0x103a00000 (sz:  0x10bf5/ 0xfc080)
0x1022fc080 (sz:   0x3f24/  0x3f28)
0x102200000 (sz:  0xfc080/ 0xfc080)
0x1014fc080 (sz:   0x3f25/  0x3f28)
0x101400000 (sz:  0xfc07f/ 0xfc080)
0x1021fc080 (sz:   0x3f25/  0x3f28)
0x102100000 (sz:  0xfc07f/ 0xfc080)
0x101ff8000 (sz:   0x7280/  0x7fa0)
0x101800000 (sz: 0x725dff/0x7f8000)
0x1067f8000 (sz:    0x178/  0x7fa0)
0x106000000 (sz:  0x153f9/0x7f8000)
0x100655000 (sz:        0/  0x1000)
--- Load Commands written to Output File ---
Writing segment __PAGEZERO       @        0 (       0/0x100000000 @
 0)
Writing segment __TEXT           @        0 (0x1d4000/0x1d4000 @
0x100000000)
Writing segment __DATA           @ 0x1d4000 (0x367000/0x367000 @
0x1001d4000)
        section __program_vars   at 0x1d4000 - 0x1d4028 (sz:     0x28)
        section __nl_symbol_ptr  at 0x1d4028 - 0x1d4038 (sz:     0x10)
unexec: unrecognized section name in __DATA segment
make[1]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Error 1
make: *** [src] Error 2