Subject: bug#821: 23.0.60; bootstrap fails due to define-minor-mode in textmode/paragraphs.el

From: Teodor Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:07:30 -0500

cvs up -A
make maintainer-clean
configure
make bootstrap (or just make)

... bootstrap creation messages ...

Loading textmodes/paragraphs.el (source)...
Attempt to autoload define-minor-mode while preparing to dump
make[1]: *** [emacs] Error 255
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tzz/source/emacs/src'
make: *** [src] Error 2

editing loadup.el to remove that file and textmodes/text-mode.el made
the bootstrap work, but then `use-hard-newlines' (provided by
textmodes/paragraphs.el) was required by add-log.el and the
compilation failed.

This was introduced between 2008-08-28 and 2008-08-29 10:00 CST (I
checked with cvs up -D 'yesterday' but didn't have the time to narrow
it further).

Ted