Subject: bug#8204: 24.0.50; [gtk3] scroll-bar is on the right -> emacs frame size increases continually.

From: sangu sangu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 22:56:33 +0900

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.0.2)
 of 2011-03-08 on localhost.localdomain
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11000000
configured using `configure  '--build=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu'
'--host=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix='
'--disable-dependency-tracking' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr'
'--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc'
'--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include'
'--libdir=/usr/lib64' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec'
'--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib'
'--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--with-dbus'
'--with-gif' '--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff'
'--with-xft' '--with-xpm' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3'
'build_alias=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu'
'host_alias=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
-pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector
--param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ko_KR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<escape> x r e p o r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message idna sendmail regexp-opt rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
emacsbug url-util url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile assoc gnus-util time-date password-cache url-vars mm-util
mail-prsvr korea-util tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

2011/3/9 Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
>
>
> sangu.emacs skrev 2011-03-08 15.52:
>>
>> In today git snapshot.
>> 24.0.50; [gtk3] Scroll-bar is on the right  ->  emacs frame size
>> increases continually and  flicker
>>
>> When Scroll-bar is None and on the left, this issue doesn't happen.
>
> I can't reproduce.  Please give a recepie starting from -Q.
>
>        Jan D.
>
>>
>> In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.0.2)
>>  of 2011-03-08 on localhost.localdomain
>> Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11000000
>> configured using `configure  '--build=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu'
>> '--host=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix='
>> '--disable-dependency-tracking' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr'
>> '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc'
>> '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib64'
>> '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var'
>> '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--mandir=/usr/share/man'
>> '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--with-dbus' '--with-gif' '--with-jpeg'
>> '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff' '--with-xft' '--with-xpm'
>> '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' 'build_alias=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu'
>> 'host_alias=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
>> -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector
>> --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic''
>>
>>
>>
>>