Subject: bug#8199: df strangeness on solaris 9/sparc with nfs

From: Ben Walton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 22:18:09 -0500

Hi All,

I'm building an 8.10 update package for OpenCSW and found what I
believe to be a bug in df (8.8 is the current version).  This is
uncovered by the fiemap_capable_ function in the test suite and causes
the cp/fiemap-perf and cp/fiemap-2 tests to fail on sparc only.

The filesystem is NFS in both cases (from the same source).  I don't
presently have time to dig into the cause (and it may be fixed in
newer 8.9 or 8.10 anyway) but will try to do so in the next few
days...Please let me know if there is something specific you'd find
useful in the meantime.

On i386, I get:

$ gdf --version
df (GNU coreutils) 8.8
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

Written by Torbj"orn Granlund, David MacKenzie, and Paul Eggert.

$ uname -a
SunOS current9x 5.9 Generic_122301-52 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris
$ gdf -T -t btrfs -t xfs -t ext4 -t ocfs2 -t gfs2 .
gdf: no file systems processed

On sparc, I get:

$ gdf --version
df (GNU coreutils) 8.8
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

Written by Torbj"orn Granlund, David MacKenzie, and Paul Eggert.

$ uname -a
SunOS current9s 5.9 Generic_Virtual sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220 Solaris

$ gdf -T -t btrfs -t xfs -t ext4 -t ocfs2 -t gfs2 .
Filesystem    Type   1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
-                -    43040565   3843892  39196673   9% /home/bwalton

Thanks
-Ben
--
Ben Walton
Systems Programmer - CHASS
University of Toronto
C:416.407.5610 | W:416.978.4302