Subject: bug#819 closed by Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> (bug#819: 23.0.60; group and owner "Everyone" - what's that about?)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#819: 23.0.60; group and owner "Everyone" - what's that about?

It has been closed by Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
819: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=819
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems
>From [email-masked] Fri Aug 29 11:01:18 2008
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 21:01:12 +0300
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Subject: bug#819: 23.0.60; group and owner "Everyone" - what's that about?
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>

This is not a bug, but expected behavior, for files/directories for
which NTFS file security records specify "Everyone" (numerical value
of zero) for the file's owner or primary group.

>From [email-masked] Fri Aug 29 08:05:14 2008
From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: 23.0.60; group and owner "Everyone" - what's that about?
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:00:39 -0700

emacs -Q
Dired on a subdir of, say, c:\
 
.. has the owner and group listed as "Everyone". What's that about? If
I click `..', I see that none of the files or subdirectories in c:\
belong to "Everyone" (in my case). That "Everyone" artifact is
incorrect and misleading.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2008-08-01 on LENNART-69DE564
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/g/include
-fno-crossjumping'