Subject: Re: bug#8181: 23.2; Dired on Windows 7

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 14:14:26 +0100

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 23:55, Robert I. Eachus <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Choosing Open Directory from the File menu opens a standard (Windows 7)
> window that allows you to walk the directory tree, but there is no way
> to open a directory in dired mode that I can find.  Cx d on the other
> hand opens an emacs buffer in dired mode. (Normal behavior)
>

I tested this on Windows XP (2011-02-28 published binaries). The
behavior seems to be this: You have to navigate through the directory
tree until you are _inside_ the directory you want to open in dired.
Then simply click "Open" (yes, even though there isn't anything
selected).

FWIW, this doesn't seems too clean to me. IMO, It would be more
intuitive to be able to select the directory you want to open, and
then click "Open".

Regards,

-- 
Dani Moncayo