Subject: Re: bug#8179: 24.0.50; vc thinks that SVN takes care of all my files

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 18:46:01 -0500

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> A recent(ish) change in vc has made vc-dir and friends think that all my
> code is belong to svn.
[...]
> and I have an ~/.svn file in ~/ (from 2008, when I probably played with
> svn for five seconds).
>
> So instead of guessing that ~/pgnus is a git thing (I mean, it has all
> the git directories and stuff), instead vc guesses at svn because of
> that ~/.svn directory.

Don't know about git, but with bzr-inside-svn this only seems to affect
unregistered files.

I guess the change is becuse recent svn apparently use a single
.svn directory, rather than having one in every subdir of a checkout:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2011-02/msg00357.html

Not sure what Emacs can do differently here. I think the right thing for
you to do is adjust the order of c-handled-backends to your preference,
as you say.