Subject: Re: bug#8179: 24.0.50; vc thinks that SVN takes care of all my files

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 16:34:59 +0100

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

>>  Or the svn checker should either be made smarter, or if that is
>> impossible, be moved to the end of the list by default.
>
> Then I guess you would have the same issue with the next element in the
> list.

That would be the case if any of the other backends are as, er,
permissive as the SVN backend is.  Which I slightly doubt.

But, really, this is a bug in the SVN detection function.  It's
perfectly legitimate to, say, check in your ~/.emacs in SVN.  If you do
that now, then the Emacs vc functionality will break completely for all
the other files you have under your home directory.

So, like I said, I think the SVN checker should be made smarter, if
possible.  I don't use SVN, so I have no idea whether that's possible or
not.

If it's not possible, it should be moved to the end of the list.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  [email-masked] * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen