Subject: Re: bug#8176: 24.0.50; GUI toolkit differences

From: Tim Cross <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 17:02:42 +1000

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Jan D. <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Tim Cross skrev 2011-07-05 08:02:
>>
>> No, As I understand it, it only works under Lucid  and MS Windows. I
>> confirmed the Lucid/X side of things and some others confirmed the
>> windows version.
>>
>> Is OSX/Nextstep just using GTK+ under the hood or is it a completely
>> different toolkit?
>
> It is totally different.
>

Good to know. It was suggested that this code failing was evidence of
a bug in GTK+, though I feel it is more evidence of a design decision
wrt GUI philosophy rather than a bug. Having another toolkit which
appears to adopt the same/similar convention of not supporting top
level 'action' or 'buttons' in menus tends to support the design
decision stance rather than seeing it as a bug.

Tim