Subject: bug#8176: 24.0.50; GUI toolkit differences

From: Tim Cross <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 16:56:34 +1000

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 12:14 AM, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Tim Cross <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> My suggestion would be to add it to the elisp manual, possibly as a
>> footnote, in either section 22.17 or possibly 22.17.1. Something along
>> the lines that not all GUI toolkits are equal and some features or
>> behaviours available in one toolkit may not be available in another.
>> For example, GTK will not allow a top level menu button or action,
>> while Lucid and NS do.
>>
>> A tricky part in documenting this is getting consistency of terms. I'm
>> not sure if 'top level button or action' is really understood, but
>> basically it refers to a menu item on the top level menu bar which
>> performs an action other than to open a sub-menu.
>
> Could you suggest a paragraph for 22.17.1 that explains this problem?
>
> --
> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
>  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/
>

I will try to draft something in the next few days.

Tim