Subject: bug#8158: Definition of auto-mode-alist

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 01:30:47 +0100

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 12:43 AM, Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On 2 March 2011 23:42, Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 12:41 AM, Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> On 2 March 2011 23:39, Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Yes, you have missed it. I wrote majmodpri.el to get around the
>>>> problem that some elisp files added things to auto-mode-alist.
>>>
>>> So, are you saying that elisp files with non-centralized settings
>>> which are part of Emacs were causing you problems?
>>
>> Not me, but a lot of other people.
>
> Sorry, let me try again.
>
> Are you saying that elisp files shipped as part of Emacs, with
> non-centralized settings, were causing your users problems?

No. It is only with third party files I have seen the problem (since
files shipped with Emacs currently does not change auto-mode-alist
when they are loaded).