Subject: bug#8143: Fwd: emacs --daemon and emacsclient issue

From: Noorul Islam <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 12:14:14 +0530

Forwarding to bug mailing list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Noorul Islam <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 2:46 PM
Subject: emacs --daemon and emacsclient issue
To: Emacs Development <[email-masked]>

With last weeks trunk build "emacs --daemon" is behaving in a strange
manner. I usually run "emacs --daemon" and then use "emacsclient -c"
to have any number of frames. But now what happens is, when I lock my
screen, after certain period my frames get closed automatically. But
"emacs --daemon" process is still running. If I try "emacsclient -c"
again, I get socket not found error asking me to start server again.
Anyone else facing similar problem? Since I no longer able to
communicate with the server I could not figure out for what reason it
broke. strace on the daemon is also not helping.

Thanks and Regards
Noorul