Subject: bug#8143: closed (Re: bug#8143: Acknowledgement (Fwd: emacs --daemon and emacsclient issue))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 14:39:02 +0000

Your bug report

#8143: Fwd: emacs --daemon and emacsclient issue

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
8143: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8143
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#8143: Acknowledgement (Fwd: emacs --daemon and emacsclient issue)
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Noorul Islam <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 09:38:23 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Please ignore this bug. Looks like an issue with one of my
> configuration file.

OK, thanks, closing,

        Stefan

Subject: Fwd: emacs --daemon and emacsclient issue
From: Noorul Islam <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 12:14:14 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Forwarding to bug mailing list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Noorul Islam <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 2:46 PM
Subject: emacs --daemon and emacsclient issue
To: Emacs Development <[email-masked]>

With last weeks trunk build "emacs --daemon" is behaving in a strange
manner. I usually run "emacs --daemon" and then use "emacsclient -c"
to have any number of frames. But now what happens is, when I lock my
screen, after certain period my frames get closed automatically. But
"emacs --daemon" process is still running. If I try "emacsclient -c"
again, I get socket not found error asking me to start server again.
Anyone else facing similar problem? Since I no longer able to
communicate with the server I could not figure out for what reason it
broke. strace on the daemon is also not helping.

Thanks and Regards
Noorul